Thursday, August 6, 2009

Wednesday in Kauai

Today David arrives! I can't wait to see him!

We drove to Ka'a beach and snorkeled all afternoon. The water was perfect. We saw plenty of fish, and Jan followed a sea turtle for quite a ways.

I'll put pictures up later. Just wanted you to know what we are doing.

David arrived at 4:30. We greeted him with a beautiful lei made by Angie at Kahhili. Joy is so thoughtful that way, ordering leis for us all for our arrivals! I greeted him with a hug and 3 spam sushi rolls. He was very hungry, so I'm glad I got them for him. Keith introduced us to the spam sushi a couple of years ago. They are my favorite food here. You get them at the Liquor store in Hanalei. Yummy!!!

Joy and I took David shopping for some clothes to wear to the wedding on Monday (there goes my "I'm never going to shop again" vow. We spent some time at Hilo Hatties (not Walmart!). Then we went to the Coconut Plantation and David got some nice Croc Flip-flops.

Jan and Tom fixed a great "Costco" dinner, and then off to bed. We were all pretty tired from the snorkeling.

Snorkeling at Ke'e Beach.


Joy and I await Davy's arrival with a beautiful ginger lei and a little bag of Spam sushi.

Davy devours 3 spam sushi rolls in the car. He is wearing the gorgeous lei that Angie made for Joy to give him. (by the way, I just got a call from the head desk, and when Joy went to the front desk to pick up the 2 leis a friend had made for her, the guy handed her the wrong leis!! this ginger lei had been delivered for someone named "Blake"!! whoops- and it isn't from Angie, it's from the local florist and is probably very expensive!- and why did it take them 3 days to call us?). So some poor couple is out 2 vey expensive ginger leis. I wonder where ours are!


a nice wave shot out at the jetty near the airport.

Back at the condo, Barbara teaches Jan a little hula dance. She is wearing her Private Quarters shawl as a sarong.

No comments: