Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Monday, Day 5

We swam and snorkeled at Poipu Beach. The water was kind of murkey from the rains, but still was nice to swim in. There were 3 sea turtles riding the little waves right near the beach, so everyone got a close look at them.
After the swim, we headed to Walmart to look for a couple of items. It was a disaster, depending on what point of view you have...Todd's or ours (Joy's and mine). Joy and I started shopping in the clothes department, so Todd went out to the car to wait...and wait...and wait. I think I tried on everything there was in the store. I ended up with a couple pairs of shorts and a top. It was dusk when Todd showed up in the store again... his battery on his iphone had run out! I was wondering why he hadn't been looking for us earlier. Then we went to Kmart to shop some more. We showed Todd where a plug was and a wheel chair, so he sat in a corner on the wheelchair and plugged in his phone to recharge, and was happy again. Kmart was not such a great place, but I found a pair of pants marked $21.00 on sale for $3.00.

Shopping is not a good sport for me. It kills my back and my Sciatica really flared up. I was in great pain and had to get home and put an ice pack on my back while Joy fixed a nice dinner.

No comments: