Friday, May 2, 2008

My New Best Friends





On April 25, I, Barbara, headed off on a trip to visit my friend, Connie, in New Mexico. The flight involved having to take off and land twice to get to Abuquerque. Most of my friends know how terrified I am of flying, so here I go all by myself (I didn't have Todd's arm to squeeze on take-offs and landings). Well, God is good, and I ended up with the best seat-mates ever. Marcel and Jason.
We had so much fun talking and laughing, that I almost forgot I was on a plane! Well, Marcel and Jason, this blog is for you, because you two made me promise to sit by the window on my next flight. I didn't quite work up the courage on the next leg of the journey, so , to be honest, I sat back on the aisle. But you will see, I brought back proof of my "Baby Steps". And you will see the pictures here!
But, guys, I DID IT! From El Paso, to L.A. is where you see my picture I call "baby steps", and I sat in the middle seat. (both flights I had the row to myself!) I sat by the window from L.A. to Sacramento. I have to admit, after looking out the window and shooting lots of pictures of the clouds, etc, towards the end (landing in Sacramento), I looked straight down, and got so scared, I had to lean towards the middle seat and close my eyes and pretend I was on the aisle!

No comments: