Friday, November 13, 2009

The Races

Linda, my godsister, treated me to a weekend at the Breeders' Cup races at Santa Anita.
We had a teriffic time! We got to see history made as Zanyatta, a 5 year old filly, beat a field of very famous colts in the Classic. She will retire now, I think, having won 14 out of 14 races!
Very exciting. She was so beautiful and had such personality. She is really a big girl, in fact, bigger than all the boys in the race. She is 17.25 hands tall. She does a little "dance" before her race, which makes people wonder if something is wrong with her. Then she is the last one out of the gate and most of the time runs dead last before she makes her move. I guess that tactic has worked, as she has never lost a race. Her jockey is Mike Smith.

Three of my favorites at the Breeders' Cup.

You can view some other pictures of a couple of the races on my Flickr site.

No comments: