Tuesday, April 7, 2009

More on Martial Arts


This is Ty Elliot, the Muay Thai trainer. He keeps a close eye on all his students.


I love the Martial Arts. Ever since Karate Kid, I have been interested in all the different styles and skills involved. So when Sue and I actually got to learn Kickboxing at Elite Training Studios, that was like a dream come true! (I think if I ever really got hit it would be a nightmare, tho'!).
Michael, our brilliant trainer, asked me to come take some pictures of Ty Elliot training a group of men for Muay Thai. It was really fun-but there was a lot of sweat (no blood or tears!). I read someplace that kickboxing burns 1000 calories/hour! These guys probably burned twice that. They must all go home and go right to bed. At least that's what I would be doing. Here are some of the shots from Wednesday night.
here is a little slide show of the training session:

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great shots, Barbara. I can't wait until we get that good!